Established in 2008
A gift that keeps on giving to Yarmouth Town and County
“I am so happy this most deserving foundation has come to Yarmouth. I keep thinking about what a benefit this is, not just to our current community, but looking ahead years into the future and realizing what it will continue to do to support the well-being of the Yarmouth area.”Stephen Sollows, Yarmouth resident
The Yarmouth Area Community Fund was formed to offer assistance to all those in Yarmouth County who try to make our area a better place to live, a place where everyone can have a happy and prosperous life.
About our fund
The Yarmouth Area Community Fund aims to improve quality of life by supporting the social needs and broad interests of our area, including education, culture, arts, health, heritage, sport, recreation, environment, people in need, and other touchstones of our vibrant community.
The fund has grown to over $450,000 and awarded over 120 grants to-date.
How the fund works
The fund is administered by local community members who know our area well. These members:
- Help to grow the fund and gather financial and other community resources to support the fund’s activities;
- Actively engage with fellow community members to understand how our community is doing and where help is needed; and
- Grant from the fund to local organizations, and assist initiatives that make the Yarmouth area a great place to live.
How our approach is different
The Yarmouth Area Community Fund is leading the way in helping our community help itself. As a permanent endowment fund, only the income is used to support local causes. Your gift to the fund contributes to the vitality of the Yarmouth area, both today and tomorrow. What better gift to give to your community of family, friends and neighbours?
Yarmouth Area Community Fund Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to assist a Yarmouth County high school student who plans to continue their education at the post-secondary level.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a Yarmouth County resident living in Yarmouth and attending a high school in Yarmouth County.
- Be planning to attend a post-secondary institution in Canada this coming fall.
- Proof of post-secondary enrolment (when available)
- Most recent high-school transcript
- Two reference letters (not family)
- A short story about an important life experience
- An explanation of your financial need
- A description of extra-curricular or volunteer activities in your school or community
To apply, complete the online application via the “apply now” button or print/mail it to:
Yarmouth Area Community Fund
60 William Street
Yarmouth, NS B5A 1Y5
Applications will be reviewed by a local committee.
Application deadline: May 1, 2023
How you can help
If you wish to donate to this fund, donations of up to $500 can be made through the CanadaHelps donation form below.
For donations over $500, please contact the Yarmouth Area Community Fund at 902-742-5585.