Established in 2016
Supporting Families in Business.
The John Abbass Sr. Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in the memory of John Abbass Sr. by Family Business Atlantic. This annual $3,000 scholarship is awarded to children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews of Family Business Atlantic members, or family business owners in Nova Scotia and helps promote post-secondary business education pursuits. Applications are reviewed by the Scholarship Committee with the award disbursed to the successful candidate’s post-secondary institution.
- Candidates must be a resident of Nova Scotia (may be attending a post-secondary institution outside of NS).
- Candidates must be in the process of taking their first post-secondary educational pursuit.
- Candidates’ degree should have a business focus or be related to their family business.
- Candidates must have achieved a grade point average of 80%.
- Candidates will preferably have a family business background, interest in becoming involved in their family business or pursing their own business interests.
- Candidates must be applying for the first time – only one submission per applicant permitted.
Deadline: March 31 @ 5 pm (AST)
Email PDF application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail printed application to:
Family Business Atlantic
65 Celtic Drive
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 3G5
Donate to this fund
If you would like to donate to this fund, donations of up to $500 can be made through the CanadaHelps donation form below.
For donations over $500, please contact the Community Foundation of Nova Scotia office at email@example.com.