Glace Bay needs your help
Fiona hit Glace Bay with a devastating impact. Homes destroyed, no power as trees and power lines blocked streets, food shortages and spoilage causing havoc on our community of 18,000 residents. A State of Emergency was declared and the Military were called in to assist
Glace Bay Food Bank, Town House, Undercurrent Youth Centre, Reserve Mines Seniors and the Salvation Army continue to work tirelessly feeding our residents and those most vulnerable in our community.
Resources have been exhausted and now we need help. Money raised will enable these community groups to continue providing food and meals to those impacted by Hurricane Fiona.
Your generosity will allow us help those impacted by this disaster.
Established in 2017
Promoting and advancing economic, cultural and social growth in the community of Glace Bay
The purpose of the Glace Bay Community Fund is to:
- Support charitable activities in Glace Bay and surrounding areas that contribute to the quality of life shared by all who live there;
- Leverage and connect local assets, resources, heritage and social capital to diversify Glace Bay’s economic development, promote its value proposition and attract people to live, work, play and invest in the community;
- Strengthen the community’s voice and create opportunities to collaborate on big and small ideas that inspire positive, collective action.
About our fund
#BayItForward is Glace Bay’s community development organization. Its focus is to build partnerships to promote and advance economic, cultural, and social growth in the community of Glace Bay. #BayItForward was formed on the initiative of a group of community members, ex-pats and business owners who share a common interest in shaping a positive future for Glace Bay.
How the fund works
The fund is administered by local community members who know our area well. These members:
- Spread the word about the fund, and its long-term potential to help develop the area.
- Actively engage with others to understand the needs and opportunities of our area.
- Review requests and allocate grants from the fund to local community organizations.
How you can help
If you wish to donate to this fund, donations of up to $500 can be made through the CanadaHelps donation form:
For donations over $500, please contact the Community Foundation of Nova Scotia at firstname.lastname@example.org.