Together for education and community projects
The objectives of the FCGH are to promote French culture and language and to increase the participation of members of the Acadian and francophone community within the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM).
How the fund works:
The fund is administered by local community members and Conseil scolaire acadien provincial (CSAP) staff who are familiar with our region and our students.
- The CSAP High School Scholarship Committees within the HRM will award scholarships to students. This financial assistance is available to Acadian and francophone students who have graduated in HRM and who wish to pursue post-secondary education (university, college or other), preferably but not necessarily in French, in Canada.
- Community Project Grants to facilitate:
- Activities to promote the development, outreach, and visibility of the community.
- Promotion of community programs and services in French.
- Leadership initiatives to enhance and support community organizations.
About our fund:
The Fondation communautaire du Grand-Havre (FCGH) was created as a result of joint agreements between the HRM and the Province of Nova Scotia with the Francophone community of Halifax. An initial contribution was granted to re-establish and strengthen relations with the municipality's Acadian and francophone community. On an annual basis, the Fondation communautaire du Grand-Havre (FCGH) is proud to announce scholarships and grants for community projects.
The fund will welcome donations, large and small, to create a long-term endowment fund to support Acadian and francophone organizations and students in HRM. Each year, a community selection committee will review applications and distribute the interest generated by the fund. Your help can take many forms:
- a one-time donation
- a recurring commitment
- a donation for a specific project
We have joined forces with the Community Foundation of Nova Scotia (CFNS) in partnership with CanadaHelps.org to accept tax-deductible donations by clicking the Donate Now button. For donations over $200, please contact the FNETF office or donate directly by sending a cheque payable to the Fondation communautaire du Grand-Havre at the following address:
Community Foundation of Nova Scotia
1888 Brunswick Street, Suite 819
Halifax, NS, B3J 3J8
Apply for Funding:
The Fondation communautaire du Grand-Havre is proud to announce that it has created grants for annual community projects. Use the button below to apply for funding. To ensure that your application is registered, you must go to the last page of the online form and click the "Submit" button. The application must be submitted by April 1st.
Contact us at:
For more information please contact a member of the Selection Committee for FCGH community projects please send an email to the Conseil communautaire du Grand-Havre at email@example.com
The Community Foundation of Nova Scotia would like to hear from you. Please call or email us at 902-490-9916 or firstname.lastname@example.org