Together for education and community projects
The Fondation communautaire du Grand-Havre was created following joint agreements between the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) in 2015 and the province of Nova Scotia in 2016 with the Francophone Community of Halifax. An initial contribution of $75,000 by HRM and $75,000 by the Province was granted towards restoring and strengthening relations with the Acadian and Francophone community in the municipality.
Objectives of the fund:
The aims of the “Fondation” are to promote the French culture and language as well as to increase participation by members of the Acadian and Francophone community within the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM). Selection and granting of student bursaries and other grants are made annually to offer:
- Financial aid to Acadian and Francophone students graduating from our CSAP schools in HRM who wish to further their studies at a post secondary level (universities, colleges or others), preferably but not necessarily in French, in Canada.
- Activities to promote the development, outreach and visibility of the community.
- Promotion of community programs and services.
- Leadership initiatives to enhance and support community organizations.
Your help can take many forms:
- a one-time donation
- a recurring pledge
- a donation for a specific project
We have joined forces with the Community Foundation of Nova Scotia in partnership with CanadaHelps to accept on-line credit card donations. You can access our account and make a donation by clicking the Donate Now button.
Alternatively, you can donate directly by sending a cheque made out to Community Foundation of Nova Scotia, with “Fondation communautaire du Grand-Havre” in the memo line, to the following address:
Community Foundation of Nova Scotia
1888 Brunswick St, Suite 806
Halifax, NS, B3J 3J8
Apply for funding:
The Fondation communautaire du Grand-Havre is proud to announce that it has created annual grants totaling approximately $3,000 for community projects that promote culture, the French language and the participation of members of the French-speaking community of the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM). Use the button below to apply for funding.
Deadline for application is May 15th.